We just got home from a great vacation. Joey had a week off so we went to Bear Lake for 4 days and Yellowstone for 3 days. Just Joey, me, and our kids. We had a great time! We stayed at a condo right on the beach at Bear Lake and just played all day at beach, swam in the pool, rode bikes, played on the grass and at the condo playground, and watched the US Open tennis all day. Oh yeah, and sampled all the raspberry shakes in town. Yum-o! The kids had a blast and we really got to relax.
Then we headed a few more hours north to Yellowstone with the kids. And it snowed that day! It was only the first of September but it was rainy and snowy and cold! We were not prepared for that so we were freezing the whole time. If you look at the above picture Savannah has a few little snowflakes in her hair. But we loved it anyway. We got to see lots of animals like this buffalo and waterfalls and Old Faithful. We stayed in a little "pioneer" cabin in the park. Pretty much it was just an old hotel room (minus the tv and phone and alarm clock) but it was a cabin in the woods. Very rustic and fun. We all had a fabulous time and were sad to come home... but that's how it always is right?
13 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm so jealous. My week was less than fun!!! But I'm so glad that you guys got to go do something as a family. LUCKY! The girls look adorable...as always. I'm sure you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation now! Isn't that how it always is?! But good times, great memories. Call me and we can maybe play tomorrow. Akira is back at school today. I have a dr. appt tomorrow a.m. at 9:30 but other than that I'm open! Love you much, glad you stayed safe. I missed my friend mucho much!
Oh my gosh!! How fun!! I'm super jealous. And your girls are ADORABLE! :-)
Glad to hear you had a nice trip. We missed you at playgroup. Erin and I already decided we would do a longer relay triathlon and we have chosen you for the biking! We did miss you at the race. Next year!
Looks fun! Cute pictures. What a darling family you have.
Hey Natalie, Looks like you all had fun! I haven't been to Yellowstone in Years, Like 15 years! Whoa, I just thought about how long ago that was... now I feel old!
Anyway, I am just thrilled to be a fellow blogger with you!
Hey Nat! You look exactly the same as you did in high school! How do you do that?! lol Looks like you had a lot of fun. I've never been to Yellowstone, and it looks so pretty there!
So fun to talk to you today, all 3 hours of it!!! Loved every minute!
Oh my gosh, you lucky girl! I love Yellowstone, isn't it gorgeous? Looks like a blast, except the cold part. We want to go there next summer. You look great, even in camping mode!!
I am glad you had time to get away with your husband. You looked like you had a great time. I will be going out of town on Tuesday and won't be back for three weeks, but when I get back let's get the kids together to play.
I wish you were talking to me 3 hours a day! Lacie is lucky. Looks fun, except that we were supposed to go with you on that trip! Rude!
Love Love Love Ya!
So adventurous! That looked like a really fun vacation. Your girls are adorable!
You are the best friend in the world! You hear me crying and come running over. I love you like a sister. I'm so glad to have you in my life. I hope you know that! you put up with my nonsense and laugh at my ridiculous music and my crazy out look on pretty much everything! It's nice that I can be myself around you not worrying about the fact that you are so much better than I am, on all levels! You're the best, I hope you didn't stay up too late working on your project. It's going to turn out great! You should download it and put it on your sidebar when you're done so I can see your hard work!!
Fun vacation! Glad you had a round of raspberry shakes for all the rest of us :) Still gettin used to those blond locks- they look great!
Post a Comment