
My mom's 50th b-day was this last Friday and I have been busy for weeks getting 2 surprise parties and a photo video ready for her. Love you mom, but glad it's over!!! We had a party in Henderson for her with her family and a few friends there, and one up in Highland, Utah for her with friends and family. (I think my dad kind of ruined the surprise though.. he wasn't very clever at coming up with excuses, he just said "we can't go home til 6pm. Duh dad. What's a person to think on their b-day when you say that?) So in addition to arranging all of that my sister Alison and spent weeks making a video with over 400 pictures of my mom's life. Poor Alison had to scan the pictures and I arranged them all and put them to music, etc. Doesn't sound too difficult, but it easily took us 50 or more hours combined. But my mom loved it and cried, which I knew she would, so it was worth it. But it was a dang lot of work. My friend Lacie wanted me to post it on my blog here cause she knew how much I'd worked on it, but it's 30 minutes long and it will take too long to upload and post (it took almost an hour to burn to a disc) and surely no one will watch it for 30 minutes. Plus there are a few embarassing pictures from my youth that I don't think I want out there anyway!
8 comments:
Bring on the embarrassing pictures of your youth!!! Yes I want to see them. I would watch anything you put so much effort into! You know this! Call me tomorrow. I'm glad everything worked out
Yeah for Natalie and Alison,
They did make the best video I've ever seen!! It was so well thought out. I mean the songs they chose and the timing on everything and the opening scene!! Uhhhh, well just fabulous and amazing. I watched it 3 times that night. I know how much work went into that and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate it!!
I am the luckiest mom in the world and have the best family there is. It was the best birthday ever and I thank you Natalie for alllllllll that you did. Hey, everyone, Nat makes the best and most beautiful cut up fruit salad in the world!! I Love You Natta, more than ever!- Mom
Happy Birthday Corrine!! Your Mom is the cutest 50 year old! She is so lucky to have you a daughter, going to all that work to make her day special. You are such a thoughtful girl, Nat. It sounded great.
Happy Birthday Corrine! Crazy to think your mom is 50 and so is mine. So weird! I KNOW how much work goes into that because we did it for my dad's 50th and I can honestly say that it was worth it, but such a headache! Good job Nat!
Happy Birthday, Corrine! Your mom has always been so cute! What a great idea to do make a video for her...how sweet! Yeah, I wish you could post it on your blog, but even a 2 minute video takes forever to upload! Sounds like she had a great day:)
Happy Birthday to your great mom! I still remember the first time I met her-- we all thought she was too young to have a BYU co-ed-- she fit in too well with all the rest of us! What an awesome gift-- way to go Nat!!
Natalie your mom maybe 50 but mines older.lol. And she is as beautiful as always,And the didnt fall far from the tree.
Tell your mom happy birthday! My mom said the party was a lot of fun(though she thinks she may have ruined the surprise..)
I was sad not to see all of you this past summer! I can't believe how big your girls are! They are so cute. I love seeing what your little family is up to. I would love to put your link on my blog if you don't mind:) It makes it easier to check in once in a while.
Post a Comment