Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Read


So I hate to be "trendy" or whatever, but I loved the Twilight series so I decided to check out the author Stephenie Meyer's new book--The Host.  Loved it!!!  I was nervous that it wouldn't be as good, especially hearing it was basically sort of about an alien.  But I have to tell you that I absolutely loved it.  So I encourage anyone remotely interested to read it!  Its quite different than Twilight--not so lovey dovey, though it has a little of that in it.  No Edward. :(  But its a very interesting, sort of though provoking look on human nature.  And she's a great story teller.  Kept me very interested--all 620 pages.  So, there's my recommendation. 

3 comments:

Lac said...

Always love a good read! I have so many books on my list that I can't keep up anymore! Seriously it's ridiculous. Call me if you get your car tomorrow!

Danielle and Fam said...

I have the book, but I have been waiting until my week vacation to read it on the beach. Everytime I look at it I want to sit down and read...I'm pretty proud of my will power so far. I leave soon, so I will finally get to read it...You made me even more anxious.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Ok, so I finished this book last night and LOVED it. Thanks for your recommendation. My sister let me borrow hers and she also said it was good too. Definitely makes you think about human nature though!