Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weeks 46 & 47: 318-331

What I am grateful for or made me happy these past 2 weeks:


318.  N fell asleep on her aunt Alison.
So sweet!
(notice her favorite leprachaun she made in school that she carried around for a week)


319. baby wanting to go out in the snow to play.
we took him out once but I didn't want to dress him up again.
This is the story of his life... wanting to go outside.


Somewhere along the line my kids created this
pulpit/microphone (chair/broom) thing that we have to do every week.
Here is N conducting the meeting :)



321.  This is a weird/gross thing but....
I am grateful for my hubby who caught 3 nasty little vohls
(mice-like creatures that burrow in your grass and dig unsightly trails).
My mighty hunter man!  
He built these trap tunnel things.
I'm grateful to have the little creatures out of my yard!



322.  Love when my little ones fall asleep in the car.
p.s. love that N has a Book of Mormon in her hands ;)


323.  Found baby asleep in his crib like this.
Makes me smile.
Again, with the sweet sleeping children.


324. Cool yellow melon from Costa Rica that we got in our 
Bountiful Baskets.
It was a lot like honeydew--white inside and similar flavor.
Not to die for, but something fun and new to try.


325.  My cute nephew came home from his mission in Brazil!
First grandkid on my husband's side to go and come home!
Here he is with his elated parents.


326. Cute cousins!
I always adored my cousins growing up
and I'm glad my kids get to hang out with theirs too
(though not often enough)


327.  My grandpa Jack Walker passed away this past week.
We went to his funeral and it was a very special event.
All the granddaughters sang a song that grandpa requested be sung called "I Believe."
I loved the talks given at his funeral (including my dad's who got to speak).
Afterwards the interment was held and he had military honors.
 He was a marine in WWII.
 There is a man playing the bugle in the background below.
I have wonderful, fond memories of my grandpa.  
He was a uniquely remarkable man.
I hope to try and develop some of his great qualities
like his incredibly positive attitude and genuine interest and love for others.

 328.  My son Walker is named for his grandpa. 
I captured this shot of him pointing to his name on his
great-great grandparents' grave marker.
Isn't he so smart to find his name?  ;)


329. Stayed at a time-share condo for the funeral weekend.
Didn't really bring any toys.
Here is what baby found to keep him entertained.


330.  I am in love with this photo.
Such a happy child!

Grandpa "justa swingen" with W
(aren't these the best swings?  They hold adults)


331. Fun times with friends!



2 comments:

Jess said...

That pic of Naomi is darling. Seriously, you should blow it up and have it framed. Her smile reminds me of Joe's smile. I have the cutest cousins.

ps. you should get pregnant because there's nothing cooler than being pregnant with your niece :)

Me said...

I love you, Nat. Your posts always make me smile. (and I lurve your new backround-gray chevron & yellow trim! I'm in love) Your kids are adorable, and you capture the sweetest & cutest moments.
I was sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My parents said he was wonderful.