So I was mildly into the Royal Wedding last week. I don't have a tv right now so I didn't have a chance to become annoyed by all the media hype as so many other people have been. I was excited about it and recorded it at my mom's house. So that morning around 10 am (not 4 am when it aired) we had a royal tea party with my girls & 2 nieces while we watched the wedding! I made authentic English Scones and warm citrus cider for our tea. The little girls loved it and were thrilled to see "the Wedding Girl" as they call brides. We all oohed and aahed at Kate's dress and the "handsome boy in red" and all the fanfare and had a jolly good time!
*Note to self (and my mom): we really should invest in a real tea set for such events.... a gravy boat does not pour drinks well if you fill it up too high as you can see demonstrated here in the above picture... mom did have these fun "champange" glasses though and we all toasted the new couple!
3 comments:
This is so cute. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to feed Eli and watched it. I loved it!
You are so cute! What a cute idea. I however did not wake up at 4 am. ... and yes you can dye easter eggs at my house next year. Hopefully it will be in my new house :)
So fun! What a special memory for your girls.
Post a Comment