Tuesday, October 7, 2008

While the cat's away....

I will play!!!  Joey's dad took him and his brothers fishing in Mexico for the past 5 days.  So even though I was so excited for him to get to go deep sea fishing with the guys I was feeling a little bit bummed being left behind so my mom and I had a fun day out while my dad watched my kids.  We went out to eat and saw a movie and went to BYU campus and my old stomping grounds, and shopping.  It was a cold rainy day and fall has definitely set in here in the Wasatch Mountains.  So I broke down and bought a fireplace!  We don't have one at our house and there is nothing I love more than sitting in front of the fire on a cold winters night.  So they had these electric ones at Costco that you just plug into the wall.  Of course it's not a real flame but it has a heater blower on it and a fake flame and glowing embers and it definitely gets the cozy job done.  I absolutely love it!!!  Now we'll see what Joey thinks when he gets home tomorrow.  Will he love it or be irked that I made such a purchase without him?  Either way I adore it.  My girls too.  Savannah wants it on every minute.  Totally worth it for us.  Best part is we can take it with us when we move and put it anywhere.  Love it love it!

10 comments:

Sara said...

I love that fireplace! My sister has one in her house and it looks really nice! I'm sure Joey will love it! Mike just got back from hunting for 3 days, so looks like I'm in need of something for myself...I'm thinking a new table:) LOL.

Lac said...

So glad you got it! Thanks for listen to me rant and rave today! I'm just on one! You deserved a fire place! And whatever else you want. I deserve NEW YORK!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I totally saw that at Costco tonight and thought, "that's so cool!" lol But who needs one of those in Vegas? I could totally justify it in Utah though. :)

Leslie said...

Sounds like you had a nice time with your family. Those are pretty cool fireplaces and they really can heat up your house so that will be nice.

Me said...

I have a fake fireplace, too, and LOVE it! Mine burns huge candles behind the "log", but you really just want the ambiance and something to hang stocking from. I love yours, the wood tone is so pretty! I have to come see your house when I make it up there. Im thinking January might be best...I'll email you!!

Danielle and Fam said...

That fireplace is funny and GREAT! Just think you can move it into your bedroom to set the mood! Ha Ha! I missed you this weekend, I got really excited when I thought you were coming, but I know how it is traveling by yourself, and with kids. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Hope to see you soon though!

Lac said...

Didn't even notice the G's hanging out! But next time I will be more..... Aware!! IT was so much fun to go out with you! We don't do that enough without chillens! Miss you, I want to see you, tomorrow? Call me!

Lac said...

BTW: what the bloody hell are you talking about being the "ugly friend" snap out of it woman, you're gorgeous! Besides, if you haven't noticed, I don't have any ugly friends, why would I make an exception? THink about it!

Carly said...

I think that was a good financial move on your part to get the fire place. I hear that those warm up the place really well and it really hopes lower that nasty gas bill that comes during the winter months. It's pretty too! Five days watching the kids while your husband is deep sea fishing? How can he argue with you about it? You deserved a present.

Carly said...

AAAAaaahhh! I should proof read before I hit "send" on these things. I meant to say "helps" not "hopes".