This past weekend we had a yard sale at my house. My mom wanted to have one and we decided that we had some junk to get rid of and so did Emily & Joel. So it was our first and last yard sale I think. It was just way too much effort to make $65. I mean, I guess that's good but I had to get up at 6am and haul all kinds of junk outside to be ready for the people who come at 7am. Those die hards. The funny part is that it was overwhelmingly men that came. I thought that was weird. The best (or I should say worst) was this funky guy (I think he might have been drunk) and he stayed for 45 minutes just haggling over prices with my mom (like $2 down to $1--whoopee). He drove up in a ghetto El Camino and my mom had these truck tires for sale. The guy said he wanted them for his "Jaguar". Ha! LOL! One, like he has a Jag if he's driving an El Camino, and 2, like truck tires would fit on it if he did! And he put on a pair of Joey's tennis shoes that were for sale, wore them for seriously the 45 minutes he was there, and then said they hurt his feet. My mom said, heck no!-- you have to buy them now that your sweaty stinky fee
t have been in the so long! Anyway, in the future I'd just probably give the stuff to someone I know or to DI and forget the 2 day fiasco of a yard sale!p.s. Today is my Birthday! Guesses on my age? (This should be incredibly easy for most of you since you are my same age). I'm always curious how old people (strangers) think I am.
9 comments:
NAT-BAT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are having a good day today. Is Joey spoiling you rotten? I want to hear all about it. I know how old you are, but I will let someone NOT born a month after you to guess. I love you, hope you have a great day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!!!! Love you so much! I have my brothers baby and all of my kids, and his dog, and my niece so I'll call you when things are mellowed tonight!
Happy Birthday! I won't spill the beans on your age, since I'm pretty sure I could guess:) That story about the guy wearing those tennis shoes is hilarious. I've always wondered if a yard sale would be worth it. I have to say I'm thinking no at this point!
I already wrote you a message but forgot to ask if you are going to go to the class reunion. Let me know if you get a chance.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my FAV GAL!
I wish we could go do something fun tonight. Love Love Love YA!
You youngen! I too know how old you are! You are more than 5 months younger than me! Sheeeesh! Make me feel old why don't you? I hope you had a wonderful day Nat! You deserve it so much. I had my first yard sale 2 months ago and in two days we made about $300. Lots of yard salers in a small town I guess. My favorite story was the Jaguar story. What a crack up! Same question as Michelle....are you going to the reunion? Let me know!
Happy Birthday Natalie! That yard sale story was hilarious...hehe! So are you planning on going to the reunion? I guess since we've all asked you better let us all know:)
Happy Birthday Natalie! I guess since I don't know for sure how old you are, I will be one to guess. Hmm... I will guess you are 29, but honestly I am horrible at guessing ages. You'll have to let me know how close I am.
I remember as a kid we always wanted to do a yard sale, but my mom never wanted to - maybe your experiece is why!! I think I will stick with DI, too.
Happy Birthday!! At little late on the blog, but hopefully you got your card on time :) I'm anti-garage sale too. I just took all my old baby stuff to a consignment store and made a pretty good profit, then dumped the rest of the stuff at the DI. Maybe you'll have to take that route next time.--unless you want your funky El Camino friend to stop by again....
Post a Comment