Original bathroom as we bought the house. My mom helping scrape off old ugly wallpaper here.I know you've seen this picture before in another post but it shows the old paint and old vanity.
Okay, here is the requested bathroom pictures. Not very exciting, I know. We bought this house 2 years ago and it was a definite fixer-upper. It was built in 1942 and needed some serious updating. We repainted, put in a new light fixture and mirror and added a shower (it was only a tub before). I realized as soon as I painted it that I didn't like the color but dealt with it for 2 years. After a year we had to replace the toilet. A few months ago there was a problem with the sink so we had to replace the vanity and sink. Both the toilet and new vanity were smaller than the old ones so the old wall was exposed so I decided to finally repaint. I loved this blue and it matched my shower curtain (do you still have that one too Laura?). Anyway, my advice to anyone who wants to do a fixer-upper house is .... don't do it! We have hated it. Just not mine or Joey's thing. Luckily my brother-in-law Joel (Em's husband) is a plumber and helped us, or rather, pretty much did all the plumbing and replacing of stuff. Thanks Joel!!! (He also replaced our water heater last week and fixed our sprinklers. See, its never ending.... don't even start something like this!)
Okay, here is the requested bathroom pictures. Not very exciting, I know. We bought this house 2 years ago and it was a definite fixer-upper. It was built in 1942 and needed some serious updating. We repainted, put in a new light fixture and mirror and added a shower (it was only a tub before). I realized as soon as I painted it that I didn't like the color but dealt with it for 2 years. After a year we had to replace the toilet. A few months ago there was a problem with the sink so we had to replace the vanity and sink. Both the toilet and new vanity were smaller than the old ones so the old wall was exposed so I decided to finally repaint. I loved this blue and it matched my shower curtain (do you still have that one too Laura?). Anyway, my advice to anyone who wants to do a fixer-upper house is .... don't do it! We have hated it. Just not mine or Joey's thing. Luckily my brother-in-law Joel (Em's husband) is a plumber and helped us, or rather, pretty much did all the plumbing and replacing of stuff. Thanks Joel!!! (He also replaced our water heater last week and fixed our sprinklers. See, its never ending.... don't even start something like this!)
8 comments:
It looks great! I love that color. Yeah, Mike and I aren't very "handy." We've always thought about getting a fixer upper, but I think we would make it worse than better:) I love the style of old homes! I bet your house is cute!
Hey, it looks so great, you guys. Way to go! Hope all is well. Sure miss hanging with you, Nat.
Looks fabulous, I'll call you in the A.M.! LOVE YOU!
That b-room looks great! I am already missing you. Lets seriously plan our trip when your done with your fun New York stuff!
Your bathroom looks awesome! Fixer uppers are hard. Our house was built in the 50s and has needed quite a bit of work too. Your mom is so cute. Tell her I said "hello" and by the way....look at that side profile of you! Could your body be any more perfect?! Love, the jealous girl in Price, UT.
Your blog is great and I like the background. We are glad you were able to come over and hang out. You are welcome anytime! Your bathroom looks great and I am jealous you have a vanity. I agree with you about having older homes. Lots of work. We are gradually improving 1918, 1940's to ? we'll see where we end up. Love the pics of the yellow flowers.
You are a brave woman! Your bathroom looks great. I wish I had your drive!
Nice job! It looks great. Lots of work for sure though... I really like the paint-- and YES! I still have the same shower curtain :)
Post a Comment