Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Post

Weeks 28 &29: 191-204
As usual, I am 2 weeks behind.  (I don't know if I'll make it to a year.)  I haven't been good at taking pictures lately, so this post will be all words.  Sorry.  But with just celebrating Thanksgiving, I really want to make sure I tell just some of the things I'm thankful for!

191.  Thankful for a nice home.
Love walking into my house after being away for 4 days.  
It is fresh to behold anew (poetic wording right?) 

192.  Thankful for a nice car.  
We just paid it off last week... feels like a huge milestone!
And I'm so grateful that we are lucky enough to own 2 cars!

193.  Love that my kids have named the cars.
Koda is mine.
Grep is Joey's.
They are named after the neighbor's dogs in our old neighborhood.

194.  Thankful for my mom!
She is so awesome and helped me all weekend on a special project 
that I will be blogging about in a few weeks :)
Can't wait!

195. Thankful for ALL the family that I got to see over the Thanksgiving weekend.

196. Thankful for my grandpa Walker who is still with us.
I think we have thought for years that he 
"wouldn't make it"
everytime he landed in the hospital (like 7 times in the last 3 years or something--I've lost track)
He is such an amazing example of desire, fortitude, and he loves life!
And we love him!

197. Thankful for Joey's sister who invited us up to her cabin.
Had Thanksgiving there
(Wednesday night--a tradition in my husbands family--which means 2 awesome dinners!  I love it!)
We slept over and it was so fun!
Her cabin is the most gorgeous, amazing cabin I've ever seen!
Thanks to her for letting us stay.
It was like being at a cozy 5-star resort!
(wish I had taken pictures of it!!!!)

198.  Thankful for my brother Jack!
Congrats to him on his recent engagement!
Looking forward to getting to know his fiance better.
I had fun going with him to pick out a ring for her though.
I love her ring!

199. THANKFUL THAT MY BABY SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT!!!!
Seriously people... the child is 13 months old and had NEVER slept thru the night.
Finally, we had a run of 5 out of 6 nights that he slept all night.
8pm-7am.
It's a freaking MIRACLE!!!
Then we went on vacation and messed it up.
Let's try to get back on track... PLEASE!

200. Thankful for friends!
Had so much fun on a girl's night out with 5 ladies on my street.
Went to my favorite restaurant--Tepanyaki.
Then to the Breaking Dawn movie.
So fun!!!!

201. Thankful that I had my first winning tennis match!!!
6-3, 6-0!
I had lost my first 2 matches, then finally won!
I'm grateful to have a healthy body and the opportunity to
use it in fun ways and learn new things.

202.  Thankful for my husband!
He works so hard for our family.
He is so fun with the kids.
He is patient with me.


203.  Thankful that I won something!!!!
My grandpa (mentioned above) is a builder/welder/designer/carpenter/you name it!
He built a "sheep wagon" camper/trailer.
He wanted to have a drawing and give it to one of his grandkids.
I think there were 14 of us and I was drawn!
(wish I had a picture of it too!)

204.  Thankful to be a mom!
I had so much fun with my kids this weekend.
I traveled alone (to and from St George) because Joey had to work.
So me in the front, 3 kids in the back.
Usually when we go on trips Joey drives and I am turned around half the trip
assisting the children with all their needs and wants.
So I wasn't sure how I'd do that while driving!
But they were so good!!!
S is getting so big and helped me so much!
N was cooperative and patient.
W slept a lot and was entertained by his sisters the rest of the time.
It was quite pleasant and I just love my kids!!!

1 comment:

bec said...

Keep up the awesome posts Nat, they are my favorite each week.