Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 17: 114-120

 114. Our Garden is producing!
Joey & my Bro-in-law Joel built these cool garden boxes.
And our garden finally exploded out of them.
Mostly zucchini... this is what we still have after giving some away, making 2 zucchini casseroles, zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread, and sauteed zucchini twice (we're a little sick of it)
Plus there is more growing! Let me know if you want any. Please!




 115. My cute niece got married & we went to her reception.
I love this picture of my father-in-law absentmindedly rubbing my baby's head. 
 116. Her wedding colors were grey & yellow.
The reception was in their back yard and they grew these incredible sunflowers you can sort of see behind me!



117. My kids said the other night "let's play dad is the king and we rub his feet."
Man, he hit the jackpot that night!!!


118. I did my Triathalon this past weekend!
It was super fun, super hard, & super worth it!
I raced with some girlfriends from my ward and we trained all summer long.
I took 7th in my age group & 40th out of 109 overall (for women) which is decent though 
I had wanted to do a little bit better.  
I got a super bad cramp during the run & swim which slowed me down
so I was a little disappointed.  
But overall I loved it and I can't wait to do it again!




119. I bought a camelbak water bottle this week and I love it.
I have drunk 3 times as much water as I usually do.
I think I like the straw is why... I get more water & it's more satisfying for me 
than sipping out of a glass 


120. Watched this movie with my family.
It was good.  
I liked the message and 
I liked seeing the North Shore where we used to live!
Turtle Bay Resort was even in the background at one of the surfing tourneys
and I used to work there! 

3 comments:

neuroticmom said...

Wow! I didn't know you lived in Hawaii. Soul Surfer is Lucy's new obsession. She wants to be Bethany Hamilton so bad and is now begging us to take her to Hawaii.

lawlando said...

Nat, everything you have posted is so much fun to read. I love hearing all of your positive thoughts. My friend who does the cool photos I told you about may be related to you. Her name is Mindy Halls Johnson. Her website is three little birds. You should check it ot.

lawlando said...

Not that there aren't thousands of johnson's. But you both commented on the same thing on face book so I thought there may be a connection.