Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Bee Bye Elder Barton!
I am so excited and sad today because my brother Jack goes into the MTC. We all said good-bye last night because they don't let you go into the MTC with the missionaries anymore. (None of us really know the difference so I guess that's okay). We had a nice evening together going out to eat at our favorite place... Tepanyaki, then taking family pictures (thanks Becca), going home for ice cream, and getting him set apart. He is a wonderful, sweet person and great uncle and we will miss him big-time!!!! My nephew Owen started bawling as they were about to leave last night, then Savannah saw that and started bawling too and the kids were all just clinging too him and everyone was crying. TORTURE!!! But I know he's doing the right thing and we're so excited for his new adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww! How sweet!! Goodbye Jack! He'll be great. :-)
How exciting and sad all at the same time:) At least he knows he's loved a ton...so sad for the kiddos to say bye to their uncle! It still amazes me that he's old enough to serve a mission! Where has the time gone?
I am the youngest so it has been a good 20 years or more since I have had to send a brother on a mission. Where is he off to?
Post a Comment