Monday, March 9, 2009

P90X


So after a year of wanting to do this--Joey finally talked me into getting P90X and doing it with him.  It's a 90-day fitness challenge and you supposedly get in super shape.  I don't want to get too "meaty" so I am doing the "Lean" version.  You do an hour long workout 6 days a week and there is a diet that we are following along the way.  Basically no sugar, moderate carbs, and lots of protein and veggies.  Overall how we should be eating normally... just a lot of extra protein in this diet to build muscle.  I don't feel like I need to lose weight or anything... I just want to prove to myself that I can still have a great body post-babies.  But I must admit it hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already going through sugar-withdrawals!!!  So I am posting this mostly for myself because they say once you make a goal/commitment outloud you are more likely to keep it.  So here I go!!!

11 comments:

Me said...

Good luck Nat. I have been asking Mark if we can get this & do it together, too. I think we just might now!! We will have to keep tabs on each other.

Leslie said...

Good luck with that. Gary lasted about a week with the workouts and was just so sore he went back to his old routine (that and he was so busy at work). I want to try it after this baby so you will have to let me know how it goes.

Roseann said...

Devon and some of his brothers have been trying out this workout -here and there. They say it is a really hard, but good workout. I'm too much of a wimp to give that a try, so I think you are awesome for giving it a go. You'll have to do some before and after shots! Of course as you said, its not like you really have a lot of weight to lose, its that definition that would be nice!

Beckie said...

Way to go! I bet you will feel great as well. You're a great example.

Danielle and Fam said...

I've never heard about this, but that doesn't surprise me since I don't do anything healthy like I'm supposed to! You are gonna be buff and I'm gonna be fat. We are supposed to be the same!

Sara said...

My brother just started doing that and it's kicking his butt! That is awesome! Keep us updated on how it's going! I was laughing at how Savannah thought Obama was Moses...hilarious!

Russ and Marlo said...

Russell and I have been doing it, he has done it before and talked me into it. It is no joke but the results are amazing. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Nat let me know how it goes. Lora wants to try this and wants me to do it with her. Hopefully it really works.

bec said...

adam did this last year a couple times and now supplements with some of Tony's other workouts. I'm doing the lean version now as well. It is really hard but the results are incredible. adam got in good enough shape to surf everyday for 2 weeks straight in Indonesia over the summer. do your best, forget the rest!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

GOOD LUCK! I am totally addicted to sugar! That would be the hardest thing for me!

Jer + Lu said...

Good for you, tough girl! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)