Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Lacie

Today is Lacie's birthday. 
I think I have written before about one of my closest friends Lacie
 passing away last year. 
It's been super hard for me because we talked almost everyday
and we were really close.
And I have missed her so.
She left 4 sweet little kids and and awesome husband.
Right after she died I had the idea to take some of her clothes and make blankets
for her kids.
It took me 6 months but here are the final pieces.
 for her little girl Kiah (9)



 for Kisen (5)



for Keini (7) 



for Akira (10) 



 for our other close girlfriend Brynn 



then my mom made this one for me.

My mom is so awesome!!!  
I could not have done this project without her.
She is so talented and did so much of the work so patiently.
We have been working on it for months.
It was so hard and fun to go through all Lacie's clothes and 
reminisce about her wearing them and even smell her scent on them 
(blackberry vanilla scentsy candle warmers that she always had going around her house :)
It was a challenge to go through her clothes and try to come up with color schemes and 
especially to make 3 boy quilts out of girl clothes.
Lacie loved hoodies and being cozy so I tried to highlight a hoodie or something
in the center of each quilt.
And every quilt has at least one pocket from a hoodie jacket or pjs.
I was so happy that the kids loved the quilts
(we had their family and Brynn's over last week for a New Year's breakfast get-together)
and I love cozying up with my quilt
and thinking about my friend.
Happy Birthday Lac.
We miss you!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

What an amazing project! Those kids will treasure those blankets forever. You did a great job. I am sure she is smiling down on you!