Friday, October 30, 2009

Seriously Ridiculous!

So yesterday was a crazy day. I am writing this mostly for myself to remember and maybe someone will think it's funny. It's long so bear (bare?) with me.
First off, we packed and moved stuff all day driving back and forth from SLC to Highland. For some dumb reason I decided to help this guy out who asked me to sub his spinning class last night at 6. Joey was at work and the day before I had set up babysitting at the gym for my kids. I was driving up from Highland to the Sports Mall in Murray to teach and there was an accident so I was about 2 minutes late for my class... which stressed me out and I hate to be late... totally unacceptable. I get there and NO ONE is in the babysitting room. What? So I run upstairs with both kids to my class to let them know I'm there, start music, and tell them what's going on. I go back downstairs to check and call someone and they say that no kids were on the schedule so they sent the staff home. But I know that my kids are on the schedule because I had set it up only the day before and watched the girl write their names. So I go in the babysitting room, check the schedule and the girl had written me down on the wrong day. I'm 100% convinced it's their fault but what can I do? It's now about 6:10, my class is done warming up and I gotta teach! What the heck should I do?
So I take both kids in my class, sit them in the corner with pens and paper, apologize, get on my bike and teach. It's all good for about 15 minutes then Naomi starts bugging me that she's hungry. I get off, dig in my purse and find a granola bar and give her my workout bottle of water and that settles for another 5 minutes. Then she starts whining that she wants me. Well, to spare more details this goes on the last 20 minutes of class. Savannah would have been fine, it was just Naomi. It was one of the most embarassing, annoying, stressful 55 minutes but we made it through. The class was funny and very nice and indulgent and assured me they didn't care and it was fun and my girls were cute, etc. I told them that if they were annoyed there was no point in complaining to my boss because that was my last class anyway since I was moving. It was just so stupid! Can you imagine going to a workout class and your teacher's 2 kids are sitting in the corner coming and bugging her every few minutes and the teacher going off and ignoring you and taking care of them. Totally unprofessional! Oh well. A memorable last class there.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow that would be stressful for me too. But I am sure the class understood, especially if they have kids.

Leslie said...

At least you won't forget that one! Glad it turned out okay. Did you get all of your moving done? Wish we were there to help.

Beckie said...

WOw, that does sound tricky, but I am sure they were not nearly as frustrated as you were. Your girls are darling and I am sure it was great to see that you were so dedicated and patient.

I didn't know you taught spinning, that is pretty impressive in and of itself, let alone with two kidlets in the room.

Have a great ( and less eventful) day~

JR and Brynn said...

Aghhhh! That is craziness. You are so sweet and patient. I wish I could take your spinning class. I am sure you are an awesome teacher. We sure had a blast with you guys the other night. So fun that you could come play with us. We miss you and it was so nice to catch up.

Jer + Lu said...

That bites! I would've been way stressed too. Thank goodness for understanding people! Kudos to you for getting through!