Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turn Your Gripes To Gratitude

My cousin Danielle "tagged" me to do this.  Turn a gripe that you have about something into gratitude for that thing.  Especially great to do Thanksgiving week.  I chose my house.  Some of you may have heard me complain about my little old house.  And there are lots of reasons to dislike it.  But here are the reasons I am grateful for it:
1.  Grateful that we were able to buy a home even while Joey was in school.
2.  LOVE my huge, mature backyard.
3.  Better than renting cause I can paint & decorate how I want.
4.  Tax break for home ownership!
5.  Sentimental value (it was Joey's dad & grandma's house before us)
7.  It's cozy & has lots of old character like built-ins, curvy staircase, hardwood floors, etc.
6.  We actually have a roof over our head... that's more than some people in the world!




2 comments:

Sara said...

Man, I would have a long list of gripes.LOL. That's a great idea! I didn't realize your house was Joey's dads and grandma's before! That's pretty cool! There are definitely some perks with living in an older home! I need to turn all my gripes into gratitude:)

Jer + Lu said...

Way to go keepin' it positive. I think your house is adorable! You've done an awesome job upgrading + decorating. And you've got the cutest shower curtain I've ever seen! ;) I LOVE your backyard too! Now I feel like I need to come visit again + see that cool fireplace...