Sunday, July 8, 2012

sweet girl

I love this sweet little girl!  
She has such a big heart and I am so proud to be her mom!

Today we saw a little piece on tv about this little boy
(I think there is going to be something coming up on BYUTV about him and his uncle on the show Turning Point).
Savannah was really concerned about his disfigured face and how he could eat and how sad that was that he got hurt, etc.
On the show it had the little boy asking why other kids didn't want to play with him.
I asked S what she would do if someone that looked like him wanted to play with her.
She responded that she would play with him.
That's a good choice I told her and I kind of thought that was the end.
I was doing dishes and 30 minutes later N comes in to ask why S is crying on her bed.
I went in to check on her and she buried her head in my lap crying and told me 
that she had been thinking of that little boy and how sad it was that other kids
wouldn't play with him.

So she had been praying to Heavenly Father to
send this little boy some friends to play with him.
And she asked her Heavenly Father to let the little boy 
know in his heart that she is his friend.

Ah! 
Of course I am crying as she tells me this.
What a neat, special girl and what a sweet thing to pray for.
So we had a nice conversation about her feelings 
and if she thought her prayers would be answered.
We decided that the good feeling she felt in her heart meant that it would.
I LOVE THIS GIRL



1 comment:

Casey said...

Awww, I am totally crying here!!