First day I took my gps on my phone (runkeeper app) and went to the nice new paved trail just outside my neigborhood and jogged a mile to mark my start and stop points.
14 august-- 8:02 first try
15 august-- 7:40 little better
20 august-- 8:02 again (I was running into the wind a bit)
24 august-- 7:19 I almost did it!
28 august-- 7:39
3 september (today)-- 7:03 I DID IT!!! I ran so hard today because I was determined to reach this goal!!! I started getting shin splints last week (something I also go in HS) so I wanted to be done with it and not have to do it anymore (I don't love running). So I ran hard as I could today and reached my goal :) I felt like I'd throw up. To a serious runner this probably doesn't sound too impressive... a 7 minute mile. But to me and my 32 year old body that's birthed 3 children... I am so proud! Maybe next year I'll try to beat a 7 minute mile, but for now, I am happy!
this is the body I dreamed about having from the olympics.
But alas, I don't think I have the
discipline necessary to achieve it!
I'll just dream about those abs as I eat ice cream later ;)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, you're AMAZING!!!! I know, aren't their track bodies incredible?!?! I just kept saying, "Holy cow! Look at her!" (about every single track athlete, ha!) That's so cool. Way to go, Natalie!
Post a Comment